Don’t you just love the holidays, plenty of time to spend with the family, time for eating well and getting in that quality time?
But what do you do if the kids start getting bored? Here are some fun ideas.
- Decorate the house with Christmas snowflakes
- Write a letter to Santa
- Get a bauble kit and decorate the festive tree with your homemade baubles
- Handmake Christmas cards for close family and friends
- Donate food to a local food bank
- Make clay handprints as keepsakes
- Elf on the shelve
- Watch a Christmas film with popcorn
- Play family games
- Go on a Christmas light trail
- Write a story…
This one is my favourite.
Can you make a festive story?
Write five words that you’d associate with Christmas, then write them into a story. Your story can be as long as you want it to be.
How about this story idea;
The snow has fallen for days and days and Santa is struggling to climb out of his house. Can you work out of a way to help him out in time for Christmas eve?
If you need more story prompts or exercises, our magazine is the perfect solution.